7/22/2009

Where does the time go?

Its already the end of July! It seems like just yesterday it was the beginning of July, and J and I were headed down to Longview to hang out with Scooter and his family. That was a great trip. That bunch of people are some of my absolute favorites, and they are like family. We went out to Long Beach through Astoria, and it was gorgeous. A lot of driving that day, but oh so worth. As a side note, J and I will be going to visit Scooter and his fam for Thanksgiving this year. We can't wait.

On the food side of things, J and I made Pavlova for her recent church activity. Although I only got a few bites of the last bit, it was super good. I accidentally made the custard for it a bit too runny, but at least it tasted good. There was only about three bites (small ones) left, so it must have been good. I think we will try it again, but we need a reason for it. Anyone up for a party?

1 comment:

Jay said...

Cib, you crack me up! you are definitely my most favorite "fake" son. It was great to see you and Jonette again. Please for give my oversight in mentioning it on my post. The really funny part is for the longest time I couldn't figure out who this CIB guy was leaving comments on the blog. Too dumb to know you could click on the name and it would actually tell you. Looks like you'll have to go to Baltimore for turkey day. Did Scott tell you that?