10/25/2007

Technology Hound? Possible...

So I was thinking the other day... it tends to happen a lot around here...

I read a lot. I enjoy reading books, but I also need to read other stuff, homework problems, journal articles, answer keys, book chapters for class... you name it. I also have a lot of transportation time to deal with, wherein I can actually read. ( I ride the bus people, possibly a short one at that) So, what am I to do? That's my question.

I was thinking that I can just use my nifty laptop, but thats a pain to drag out on the bus, plus its bulky for a full bus, and then I have to dig around in my bag. The same goes for paper copies, plus it takes up valuable space and weight limits of my backpack. So what am I to do?

Here is what I was thinking. I could get myself one of those nifty e-book readers, like the Sony Reader, where I could load books onto it, or my journal articles, or pretty much anything that I need to read. The only problem is that they can be expensive. The Sony Reader goes for about $299.00 Should I get one? Or am I merely a tech hound, trying to get the latest "gadget"? What do you think?

--CIB

1 comment:

Emily said...

I prefer paper...I like to write all over my journal articles. Therefore...I lug a lot of stuff around with me every day. Hey, at least then you'll get your daily weight lifting in! :)